I love lazy Sunday mornings.
There is nothing better than waking up late and staying in your pajamas until noon.
After drinking a pot of coffee, my tummy started grumbling.
I checked the cupboards over at the boyfriend’s house and found the ingredients for my newest concoction.
Chocolate Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
Makes 14-15 pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups pancake mix
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 2 packets instant oatmeal
- 2 cups of water
- Preheat griddle to 375 degrees.
- Combine the pancake mix, protein powder and oatmeal together in a large bowl.
- Slowly add water, mixing with a fork or whisk to break up the mixture.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop mixture onto hot griddle.
- Let pancakes heat and bubble through, flip.
- Allow opposite side to turn golden brown, remove from griddle, and enjoy!
Here’s what I started with… A big bowl of white flour.
I thought to myself, “I’ve got to be able to do better than this!”
Add in some oats.
And what not a little chocolate protein powder, eh?
Heat them babies up!
Quick ‘n easy. Just delicious! And with a enough rib-sticking-power to keep me going all morning and into the afternoon!
Now that’s what I call a pancake!
No butter or syrup needed.
We ate three each and froze the rest.
Krusteaz ain’t got nothin’ on us.