Today is the day. Back to school.
First day of senior year. Man, this has been a long time coming! I’m excited and nervous.
At least I was able to squeeze in a little Labor Day fun yesterday.
We went to Buffalo for a family picnic.
I baked cupcakes.
My first foray in cake decorating.
Nothing healthy or interesting about these, folks. Boxed cake and frosting. Just fun to mess around with.
I wish I I had a few more hours yesterday morning to play with my decorating tips. I need some more practice. Anybody want cupcakes?
I also made a quick ‘n easy pasta salad.
Caprese Pasta Salad
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 16 oz bow tie pasta
- 1 container of grape tomatoes, halved
- 16 oz mozzarella
- large handful of fresh basil
- light Italian dressing
- ground black pepper
- Cook your pasta according to package. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Transfer to large bowl, pour a little Italian dressing, and toss to prevent sticking.
- Halve grape tomatoes, cut mozzarella into bite size pieces, and chop basil. Add to pasta bowl.
- Add more Italian dressing (about a cup) and black pepper to bowl, toss.
- Refrigerate before serving.
This salad is light and refreshing, but could be beefed up with whatever you have on hand. Add olives, artichokes, grilled tofu… the possibilities are endless!
Have a wonderful Labor Day!
Question: Are you doing anything fun for the holiday?